Monday, February 25, 2013

2013 start.


The first class of 2013 went exceedingly well. This is one of those times where the door has opened and you can see down the corridor; only you choose to linger within the frame just to get a sense and smell of what lies ahead. I wonder if anything died ahead. Will there be any horrible smells? Will there be nice smells.
I couldn't decide which face to put on today. I put on at least three or four, I think, because my personality changed at least three or four times. I broke 3 rules and not necessarily inside or outside the classroom; nor inside or outside of this world or in fantasy. I was a bad girl. An "evil" girl, whatever that means. In some cultures, evil means good and good means evil. I think evil has a more enticing ring to it, somehow.

Our new lecturer is very sweet. She laughs a lot though.... and I'm not sure if I should reciprocate, or if I should be worried. Laughter (especially the higher-pitched and breathy variety) can be an indication of several emotions such as: nervousness, intimidation, awkwardness, cheerfulness, over-grown festivity, the habit to attempt ice breaking in awkward situations, a fumbling of topic choices...you see, plenty of things. I fear there are more but I'm no pessimist. I'm assuming she was somewhat nervous though; what, and I would be as well...with seven new and ugly faces staring back at me and relying on me to guide them over a series of rusty train tracks.
We all need oiling. It's been a long break... I will say however, that the writing exercises which are to be formulated at the start of each class are a great way to oil one's mind and especially in the midst of a learning environment. It's nice that a fair handful of us are familiar with each other already, having returned from last year. Today's class was short; but highly effective. It left a huge stain of inspiration on my olive coat.

No comments:

Post a Comment