Thursday, November 15, 2012

Last class with Sue yesterday... *sniff* :(


Sometimes optimism is a euphemism for false hope, and no I am not being negative; I'm merely observing the common and unfortunate cliche situations of life. Everything turned out fine this day, as I am feeling fine about it. Nothing went wrong...except for the fucking printers! argh!
I was ripped off two dollars to start with, because one printer said it would print my work and it turns out the damn thing was hungry for paper. Le sigh.
I had no time to refill it so I re-printed my assignment, printed it from the reception area and handed it in. I told Sue the printer had re-proportioned my title page -OH NOE- and she said not to worry about it and that she wasn't marking it. Thank fuck.
But then it turned into a real relaxed and clownish afternoon with both classes merged for a shared lunch and the Year Twos giving us a projected tour of their online blogs; at least I think that's what they were. I really do hope what I handed into Sue was good enough. Because my internet was cut off the day before we were to hand in to Sue -how convenient, huh- I couldn't get onto the UK Mirror, Dailymail, or any site annotating my wife Myra Hindley's crimes and the dates and authors of articles etc, to retrieve the information I needed as a reference basis for my work. I enjoyed writing it though, amazingly enough I can see Myra's crimes as if I were there with her, and not that shite Ian Brady; it really was a fun write indeed. The only thing I regret is not having enough time to go into as much detail as I was intending. Darn it.
I still can't believe how much food there was between us. Large portions of food,: fruit, biscuits, cake, drinks, chips... oh dear. I had some of that nice chicken chowmein, some crackers, some rock melon, strawberries, fanta... and then I was full. I couldn't even finish my cheesecake, it was so rich in sugar I thought I was going to faint if I tried to haul it down my throat.
It was generally a very nice and laid back day; but I could still feel the anticipation within some people for the presentations in Robert's class for the following day. I was rather surprised, though, when Corrina gave me a gift. That was real nice of her; especially since she likes to criticize Myra Hindley in front of me to rattle my cage. I pretend it doesn't, but it really does; I love my lil Ashton Market fox. ;)


...sigh. I'm going to miss Sue; and I sure as hell hope she's coming back next year. What a real strength, inspiration and figure of support she's been for us. The fact that she is so open, honest, critically helpful and amazingly patient makes her fucking awesome; and I can't believe she let me do my assignment on Myra Hindley! EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEK! I love also the fact that she likes to read crime. She said she would buy my book if I signed it; but I'll give it to her for free. She's a great gal for sure and I'm going to miss her.

No comments:

Post a Comment