Wednesday, October 10, 2012

lessons with Sue, Orr just plain fun!



NOW I finally get the purpose of giving a name -that of a famous person dead or alive- to Sue earlier on. Sonia mentioned something of a creative interview, but today I was given a worksheet which I missed out on from Monday that explained everything.
I'm surprised Sue actually researched these people - particularly Myra Hindley! Oh Myra, you make my heart melt. Anyway, there were two options. One was imagining I were in an interview with Myra and having the advantage of making her do whatever I want, and the second was to pretend that Ian (Myra's partner) received a written letter from her shortly after her death. I think the latter is an a lot more exciting prospect to work on as it opens all fictional doors for me, as I'm currently working on a novel based on Myra's life as if she were to actually be released from prison rather than dying there.
I'm actually pretty excited to be working on this piece. Sue said like our other works, there will be a minimum of three hundred words but no limit which is totally fine! I'm just honoured to be allowed to write about Miss Hindley.

Peace for now!

No comments:

Post a Comment