Thursday, October 4, 2012

significant item just got real.




Thank you Sue,

for the in-depth and very kind feedback on my 'significant item' assignment. This was an enjoyable subject to write about, as I didn't think I'd be scoping my memory at all anytime soon except to explain my outrageous demeanor. Turns out it was just that, and more so about my past and the architectural definition of the house I used to live in, in Manurewa.  It was interesting too; I recovered things from my mind I didn't think I would obtain ever again. It helped, too, that I was listening to music I was raised with as I wrote this particular piece: Stuff like Michael Jackson, Doris Day -definitely-, The Beatles and more I can't be bothered remembering at the moment. I still listen to these artists, they bring out the brighter side of my past and allow me to escape reality for a bliss few minutes.

Back to poetry for a short while now, before I start cooking.


No comments:

Post a Comment