Thursday, October 25, 2012

PERFORMANCE WAS A BLAST.


I was dreading this night more than a child retreating to bed after watching an Amityville horror...but...it went amazingly smooth!

Well. That escalated quickly.

I came to class at approximately 3:27p.m. to unwind and rehearse my poem before the 6:30p.m. start of the Naked Voices of Pacific Literature start. Sonia arrived at the same time, and we went off together to chill, exchange synonyms describing our angst and stress of memorizing every word, and to just simply...chill. I think it's vitally important to spend a significant duration of time around people you trust, get along with very well and love before a presentation or show. You can offer each other support as well as loosen the mood a little and maybe take your minds off of it for a short period with a good therapy called Gossip, HotPeopleDiscussions and Giggle Fit. I saw someone today; not sure if it was my imagination but I don't like the bitch. I didn't let it spoil my evening, though!

As for the show itself... wow!
Every poet who performed was brimming with passion and made a very good job with presenting themselves and their words. Thanks to my sister Dana and her son Jeremy for turning up -Jeremy was actually quiet for once, I wonder how many fictional lollies she promised him- and thanks to all the members of the public who showed up to engage in our work. I'm really proud of my classmates and others who performed; the night went very smoothly but to me seemed far too short. I'm rather complicated, though; because on my way out, a man approached me. I forgot what his name was, because I was rushing to meet my sister down the hall (she can be very impatient especially when there is an overly-talkative child at her ankles). This dude was impressed by my mental health issue poem and invited me to the Thirsty Dog off K Road next Tuesday night. He said something about a Mental Health organization being present for that event but again, I barely heard him. I should have gotten his details... damn it. I'll just go to TD on Tuesday and see if I can catch him there. Such a compliment to be approached like that! I'm glad he appreciated my piece. As for the rest of you - well done! You all did superb. It was a lovely night, and I can't wait for the next performance on Saturday. Hopefully I'll get to present at least 2 more... so people don't think I'm just a nutty little girl ;)



No comments:

Post a Comment