Tuesday, October 9, 2012

oh dear me.





The following people are to remain as anonymous and guinea pigs for the purpose of my experiment of topic, and to preserve whatever friendships I may still have.




I don't think I'm going too far, or being irrational. Who are you to judge me by my own opinion? We all know perfection exists only in fairy tales and fantasies of whirlwinded minds of duplicated carcasses, so here we go:


[Anon1] seems to be having trouble accepting the fact that one of his very good friends -unfortunately now an enemy- has called him a paedophile because he is thirty-nine years old and made sexual advances toward me as a joke. Note the 'as a joke'.


[Anon2: The accuser in question] is a good friend of mine: a fifty year-old lesbian woman who, although egotistical and one of the biggest ageists I have ever met, cannot seem to grip the consequences of falling to the prey of an abuser in the past which causes her to jump to conclusions to the extreme when most unnecessary, resulting in the loss of a good friendship.


[I] I am caught in the damned crossfire of it all. I normally don't bitch about people on these things, but blogs are commonly used to generate thought and this is what I am doing. At least I put events to good use. This is my opinion:

Even if it had come to be or was even possible to begin with, a thirty-nine year old engaging in a sexual relation with a twenty year old is not of paedophilic status; A paedophile, by my own knowledge and the general idea of it processed by mainstream mouth and mind, is a person who engages in such acts with someone lower than the legal age for sex and I am four and almost five years past that boundary. In my HONEST opinion, however, I don't think the label 'paedophile' is necessary at all. It brings too many frowns and outcries and totally obscures the natural instinct of certain characters among us. 



If [Anon1] is perfectly innocent in his claim that he was "kidding around", does his defensiveness really serve its purpose, or does it hold some kind of secret agenda that he wishes not to reveal? I'm kind of leaning toward the latter here; as he, at his age, should be far too mature to hold a grudge against such meaningless terms. It's been months now, come on guys.


Obviously [Anon2] has confronted some sort of similar circumstance earlier on in her life, but that's no reason to go labeling when unneeded; especially if it explodes with a perfectly good friendship slipping down the drain. Those two used to be so close...
I think, although she believes she is old, smart, clever and beyond anyone's knowledge, she still has a lot of shit to deal with: emotionally, psychologically and mentally. The poor bat has no idea that she is just like the rest of us (God forbid).



This is funny. [Anon1] claims that sex with an underage child is nasty, illegal and down right wrong.

Now, I bend only toward being open-minded especially about these things. It is not my place to decide whether this is wrong or right. I don't indulge in this behaviour as such, but I like to go deeper than the surface.
I said to him: I don't understand what the big deal is. If one can target that of someone much older than them and get away with it, then why is another disowned for targeting younger folk?
He again proceeds to explain the illegality of it; something I don't quite understand. The natural instinct should override a government-made rule, shouldn't it? Again I say, I am open to both sides here. What good is a discussion if I draw the curtains? Animals were on this planet long before people even knew how to wipe their arses. I don't think it's fair to argue someone's character and shame them for the way they were born and what irks their curiosity or fascination. It should be left alone the same way very few heterosexuals respect homosexuals, but politely draw the line at closer contact.
I still think mentally I am older than both [Anon1] and [Anon2]. They're like children in a playpen arguing about who's going to get a cookie first and why. They will forever bounce back and forth with their irrational ravings, despite the fact that they are no longer aware of the good friendship they had now gone between them.
[Anon1] tells me to stop, he says he doesn't want to lose me as a friend also.
"*****," I say. "As far as I'm concerned, we are merely exchanging opinions and I quite enjoy it rather than oppose of it. I'm not sure if you're aware but compared to the overused concept of asking how someone is and what they are up to, this is a lot more refreshing. I'm not so immature I will kick a shit over nothing and completely disregard the fact that everyone will always have their opinion and that fact alone cannot be changed. In my opinion, however, people should be treated as equals and in disregard as to what they are into or not into. Because it is the concept of 'changing someone is wrong' that people frequently subliminate, and going against that fact alone is wrong in itself."
He doesn't listen; he prefers the typical name-calling approach. It looks like the playpen is slowly encasing him to a coffin, but at least he respects my opinions enough not to flip like poor [Anon2] did. 

[Anon2], however, is also lost in a fantasy. Being older means knowing more; and that includes ranting about the six horses you own and how wonderful it is to be American.

No comments:

Post a Comment